Thursday, October 09, 2008

Amazing tiger-bear encounter

Nature has a way of cutting one down to size. Any time you think you've seen it all, there's a new revelation that shows you how little you actually know!

In February this year, tiger biologist Ullas Karanth, a few other friends and I witnessed an astonishing interaction between a sloth bear and a tiger in the Nagarahole Tiger Reserve in Karnataka. I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time in forests and that the incident wasn't 'astonishing' for either the tiger or the bear. It's just that one has to be incredibly lucky to actually see something like this unfolding. What's more, I even got some pictures! I've posted the story and a series of pictures on my revamped (finally!) website, so do have a look at www.shekardattatri.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you finally posted this in your blog. Sending the link around to bunch of my friends.